Nestled in 5 acres of gardens and natural bushland in the leafy, rural community of Red Hill ...read more
Meet the Artist
Hi, I'm Tina Whiteley and Kurrara Designs Studio is where I create and teach textile art ...read more
For regular visitors, this page will keep you up to date with any changes to the site since your last visit.read more
Welcome to Textile Talk, where I’ll be regularly posting information related to textiles or fibre ...read more
Welcome to the first of my tutorials. As I want to make sure that I provide things that are of interest to you, I would appreciate your feedback. Please drop me an email to let me know what you think of them and also if there are other techniques that you would like to have a tutorial on.
The tutorials will cover a range of my favourite textile art techniques and are not designed to replace the workshops, but rather to help you decide whether that particular aspect of textile art is right for you.
Once you have determined that you would like to pursue a particular technique, why not attend one of the workshops to further whet your appetite and develop your new-found hobby? If you’re an experienced textile artist, these tutorials and accompanying workshops may still provide you with further inspiration to boost you to even greater creative heights!
1. Fabulous Fantasy Flower Brooch (water soluable stabilisers and machine stitching)
2. Classic Christmas Bauble Bling (free machine embroidery)
Note: The templates for the Christmas Baubles can be found here. If you would like to receive them as an svg file for use on a cutting machine, please send me an email.
3. Colourful Cup Coasters (raw edge appliqué and free machine embroidery)
Note: The templates for the Cup Coasters can be found here for Template 1 and here for Template 2. If you would like to receive them as an svg file for use on a cutting machine, please send me an email.
4. Creative patterns Designed by Nature (creating repeat patterns using natural images)
5. Beautiful Fun Flowers With a Twist (sculpting eye-catching flowers out of paper)
Note: The template for the Fun Flowers can be found here.
6. Create a beautiful vase of orchids by Painting With Threads (free-machine embroidery)
7. These Notebook Pouches (sewing for beginners) are the perfect gift for every occasion.
8. A sturdy and stylish Tote Bag (sewing for beginners) is the perfect replacement for single-use plastic bags when you hit the shops.
More tutorials to follow in 2019.